Incredible toasted coconut gelato
Straight to the point:
- 12 fl oz coconut milk (in carton tastes better than canned)
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut flakes: buy unsweetened coconut flakes and toast them in a small toaster oven – watch carefully because they burn quickly! It is O.K. for it to be half white and half brown
- 1 cup milk
- sweetener according to taste: for the incredible results touted in the title:
- 1/4 cup palm sugar, cooked in a little water until dissolved
- 1/3 cup FiberYum, which is a low-calorie vegetable sweetener with the added benefit of inhibiting water crystallization and keeping your gelato creamier!
- 1 pinch salt
The only cooking you have to do is to dissolve the palm sugar. Then just mix all ingredients in your gelato maker and you are ready to go.
You can add chocolate chips, of course